Required information for decisions of certification
- Information provided by the audit team shall be sufficient with respect to the certification requirements and the scope for certification,
- For any major nonconformities, it has been reviewed, accepted and verified the correction and corrective action,
- For any minor nonconformities, it has been reviewed and accepted the client’s plan for correction and corrective action.
Information provided by the audit team must include:
- audit reports (first and second stage),
- comments on the nonconformities and, where applicable, the correction and corrective actions taken by the client (audit report),
- confirmation of the information provided to the certification body by a client used in the application review (audit report),
- confirmation that the audit objectives have been achieved (audit report),
- a recommendation of whether or not to grant certification, together with any conditions or observations (audit report and its annexes),
- For any nonconformities, it has been reviewed, accepted and verified the correction and corrective action.
To maintain the certification is necessary to be in line with the requirements of the certification scheme.
Information must include:
- previous surveillance audit reports,
- information on the performance of the management system over the most recent certification cycle,
- complaints received from users of certification (if received).
Suspending of certification
In the case of:
- the client’s certified management system has persistently or seriously failed to meet certification requirements, including requirements for the effectiveness of the management system,
- the certified client does not allow surveillance or recertification audit s to be conducted at the required frequencies,
- the certified client has voluntarily requested a suspension,
is the client’s certification suspended. Head of COSM is deciding about the suspension. The client is about suspension informed in writing, where is noticed also about the suspension reason and time period for removing suspension reason. The time period is usually 2 months unless the head of COSM decided otherwise. In case the client does not remove the suspension reason until set deadline its certification is withdrawal.
Certification is restored after the client removes the suspension reason and provides proof about it to the certification body.
Withdrawing of certification
In case the client does not meet the certification requirements significantly its certification is withdrawal. About the certification, withdrawal is deciding the head of COSM. About the intention to withdrawal, the certification must be the client informed in advance (e.g. number of major nonconformities during an audit, suspension of certification or others).
Reducing the scope of certification
In case the client does not meet the certification requirements significantly, persistently or seriously for some parts of certification scope this part is reduced from the certification scope.
About the certification reduction is deciding the head of COSM. About the intention to reduce the scope of the certification must be the client informed in advance during an audit.
Expanding the scope of certification
In case the client notices the intention to expand the certification it is necessary to perform an audit in order to verify the new certification scope.
Process of certification decision making:
- All requested information is provided to the head of COSM.
- Head of COSM reviews the information.
- Certification decision.
- Preparation of certification documentation. It is listed also certification history.
- Electronic data update.